Facilities Project Supervisor
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Facilities Project Supervisor. The Facilities Project Supervisor is responsible for daily oversight of housing general maintenance team members and ensuring all work activities associated with construction, repair and maintenance of residence housing units are executed meeting all quality and delivery standards.
- Coordinate daily activities including scheduling and assigning work to staff and directing and leading workers in completing assigned work; monitoring work and project activity progress, making necessary changes; completing performance evaluations of assigned staff; performing quality assurance checks.
- Coordinate activities for vendors who are providing services such as construction or reconstruction, remediation, cleaning, roofing, window replacements and repairs, exterior and interior painting, emergency repairs, flooring installation or removal, etc.
- Execute all projects that are not part of daily or regularly scheduled maintenance activities; report on status and escalate any issues to facilities management.
- Track budget for area of responsibility, and provide time and workforce needs and estimates to higher level management based on cost analyses, ensuring work is completed according to stipulated price and agreement.
- Implement, interpret, and manage policies and procedures pertaining to operations and facilities management.
- Manage service contracts as applicable.
- Coordinate activities, construction, and renovation with GCU staff, subcontractors, and/or vendors. Support assigned project activities; ensure compliance with larger unit goals.
- Inspect, report, and provide follow-up on building/area facility maintenance issues.
- Build and sustain effective, positive, and efficient teams.
- Ensure all team members follow OSHA guidelines for performing daily work; ensures all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized daily.
- Supervise General Maintenance Staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in commercial or university maintenance facilities
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Demonstrated experience working with subcontractors/vendors and demonstrated ability to monitor project activities and ensure compliance with internal/external regulations.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting policies.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting experience in one or more craft areas; (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and heating/ventilation).
- Demonstrated knowledge of building systems (building envelope, structural, plumbing, electrical, and heating/ventilation) necessary to coordinate routine repair and maintenance projects and to evaluate the work of contractors, vendors, and campus skilled crafts technicians.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.