Facilities Operations Support Associate
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Facilities Operations Support Associate. The Facilities Operations Support Associate provides professional level operational support for all facilities operational areas and provides services in areas of customer service, procurement, asset management, training, and software-based work management systems.
- Coordinates the service contract process which includes developing RFPs and interfacing with vendors who perform facility repairs and improvements
- Conducts as needed and coordinates facility condition assessments and inspections; identifies general corrective maintenance as necessary for proper facility maintenance and operation
- Updates website information and data on the university intranet site for facilities
- Maintains and manages physical asset and supply inventory
- Maintains active vendor list
- Coordinates evaluation process of database and facility automation software purchases; participates in the requirement gathering and evaluation phase.
- Serves as an application support team member for facilities for its operating systems; builds knowledge and understanding of system functionality to update configuration of workflows and approvals and data management and reporting in the systems.
- Informs end users of changes in systems and trains them to utilize systems
- Uploads CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) data and supporting documents into FM Systems software; query data and create scheduled reports
- Coordinates training for all facilities; ensures all training is conducted as specified; may involve obtaining and scheduling training by vendors for specific equipment or operational systems; gathers feedback about trainings and recommends changes to training.
- Monitors PM schedules and ensures executed; informs management of gaps or issues; reviews and informs of O&M’s warranties, and develops asset Life cycle. Inventory and informs of disposition.
- Handles special projects or initiatives related to Facilities
- Performs related duties consistent with scope and intent of employee assignment; as well as other duties when needed to ensure facilities department meets service deadlines
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Experience working in facilities department responsible for maintenance and stewardship of physical property and assets.
- Working with computerized work management systems and common IT applications and serve as application support technician.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gain knowledge and understanding of: Operations processes and workflows, Preventive maintenance, Procurement principles, Budgeting principles and Sustainability practices and apply knowledge and understanding to update operational guidelines and policies, evaluation of vendors, and updating of systems which control work management.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation
- Work irregular and flexible hours as required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.