Facilities Housing Manager
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Facilities Housing Manager. This position manages student housing general maintenance operations, budgets and staff. The Facilities Housing Manager ensures quality, courteous and timely facilities maintenance services, appropriate procedures and also ensures that workflows, safety procedures and protocols are in place for both staff and residents.
- Monitors daily completion of service requests and follows up on any outstanding items.
- Recommends and participates in developing annual budgets, monitoring and controlling expenses and maintaining good fiscal responsibility, and controlling compensation and rewards.
- Ensures that construction, equipment, furnishings and service warranties related to housing are recorded, tracked and applied in a timely manner; ensures that GCU’s interests are met.
- Where necessary, develops specifications for the work to be completed, obtains bids from vendors and makes recommendations, negotiates price and oversees work of all vendors/contractors working on or providing service for the housing facilities.
- Monitors the dispatch of workers in the performance of general maintenance/repairs related to housing within budgeted guidelines.
- Selects, trains, manages and evaluates assigned staff and/or student workers. Ensures staff are developed and trained and ensures a motivated and engaged workforce by providing positive reinforcement, counseling and mentoring. Manages employee performance and makes recommendations for staff and compensation. Monitors and manages employee timekeeping records and approves biweekly submissions to payroll.
- Oversees safety and security requirements and procedures to ensure compliance, determines the appropriate action beyond guidelines and ensures unsafe conditions are remedied.
- Works collaboratively with all Facilities departments and identifies and participates in the resolution of departmental challenges to develop, sustain, and continually assess and improve the effectiveness of Facilities services.
- Periodically inspects housing facilities and residents grounds to minimize liability concerns and to ensure that excellent housing conditions and curb appeal are maintained.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program that extends the life of the housing facilities while minimizing future repairs.
- Manages maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines.
- Monitors general maintenance housing logs and records
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Management from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in general maintenance, custodial, building maintenance, renovation or construction in a management capacity. University housing general maintenance work experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in leading or managing a general maintenance staff.
- Demonstrated ability to positively manage and motivate staff.
- Must be proficient in developing, managing, tracking and controlling expenses and budgets.
- May consider an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education.
- Must be knowledgeable of safety requirements and precautions and able to set examples for proper safety measurements for employees. Must have knowledge of proper use and handling of various cleaning chemicals and solvents and OSHA requirements.
- Willing to respond to emergency requests outside of normal work hours.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, evenings or extended hours as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.