External Partnerships Associate
Grand Canyon University is seeking an External Partnerships Associate for the Broadcast and Sponsorships department.
- Meets with local business owners and key decision makers in the assigned "territory" on a daily basis to generate interest and involvement with GCU.
- Educates local business owners about the developments at GCU and the available assets that they can utilize (i.e. GCU facilities, golf course, hotel).
- Develops relationships with business leaders/owners to ascertain their interest in developing a sponsorship relationship; generate informational profiles and hand off to sponsorship team to formalize potential sponsorship agreements
- Conceptualizes and executes offsite events that increase brand exposure
- Collaborates with event services and marketing to ensure offsite events are executed flawlessly; responsible for attending all events to serve as informational resource
- Develops a marketing campaign for business leaders/owners to generate their engagement and involvement with GCU events (e.g, arena events, sports events, etc.)
- Collaborates with requisite departments (marketing, athletic, etc.) to develop promotional materials (printed material, brochures, promotional items) to utilize in "branding" visits
- Develops portfolio of activation sites to be utilized in social media (videos, photos) to increase brand awareness among the Phoenix market
- Develops operational processes for communications to create GCU staff awareness of external business partners
- Other duties as needed to ensure successful events and activation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution, preferably in the field of Business with emphasis in marketing or entrepreneurship.
- Solid knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan activities/events to meet event goals.
- Self motivated team player with an ability to work with aggressive goals.
- Ability to tell a clear and compelling story about GCU and its benefits to potential business partners.
- Passion for networking and influencing others; able to engage with diverse population to tell the GCU story
- Must be able to demonstrate a polished, professional, poised, and confident presence in all interactions while articulating messages in a clear, concise and enthusiastic manner.
- Strong attention to detail, following processes, accuracy and consistency with completing job responsibilities.
- Problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use social networking tools to develop new prospects.
- Willingness to work extended hours during week or weekends if required to meet with potential interested business leaders.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.