- Pre-plans for upcoming events as necessary.
- Attends planning and organizing event meetings to obtain information, activities and details for specific events.
- Plans for and executes all logistical arrangements and maintains communications with appropriate staff regarding progress including: ensures coordination of activities with other on-campus departments such as facilities, janitorial services and food services; sets up the venue with displays, tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, photography/video, catering and special needs accommodations; ensures an adequate inventory of needed supplies; requests and ensures adequate student worker staff is scheduled for all phases of the event and breaks or tears down event displays and set ups.
- Assists with scheduling student worker staff as needed.
- Monitors event activities to ensure all requirements are met, client is satisfied and clean-up/re-set is handled.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a discipline related to communications, marketing, promotions or similar program from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1 year experience in a similar or related capacity including an overnight camp environment, youth camp, event planning, promotions, etc.
- May consider an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Self-motivated with a service orientation.
- Results focused and detail oriented.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful but not required.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite software.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope and adapt to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and under frequently stressful conditions.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with work varying schedules including evenings, holidays and weekends, and a willingness to stay overnight on campus during certain events.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.