Evening Shift Immersive Simulation Technician - Nursing
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions , is seeking an Immersive Simulation Technician to teach the nurses of tomorrow.
Please Note: This opportunity is located in Sun City, AZ.
What you will do:
- Provide support for operations to ensure all equipment is running properly and efficiently
- Assist with training faculty in the use of simulation equipment
- Serves as a resource for faculty utilizing simulation
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Nursing Services to maintain inventory of supplies and equipment as needed for simulation
- Provide technical operational support for all systems and equipment related to immersive simulation
- Manage clinical simulation educational activity related supplies & equipment
- Supports/assists in props placement and moulage set-up to create a virtual healthcare setting
- Performs general cleaning in the lab with the collection and disposal of waste materials according to regulations
- Assist with development of scenarios utilized for simulation experiences.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What you need:
- Recent, relevant, working knowledge of clinical experience in the clinical healthcare environment
- Highly effective communication skills and a good command of the English language
- Highly knowledgeable of processes and procedures as related to patient care
- Planning and organizational skills with attention to detail, high level of accuracy, and coordination of multiple activities
- Excellent time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and rapidly changing user needs and schedules.
- Function independently in designated area(s), role, and required activities while remaining a contributing member of the team providing integrated services to users
- Proficient with computer hardware and software including MS Office Suite, integrated AV/IT data collection software, task trainers, human patient simulators, and patient care equipment
- Stays abreast of current trends, technology, state and/or federal requirements, and GCU policies and procedures
- Must have granted diploma or certification relative to background experience (e.g., medical assistant diploma)
- Two years related experience in clinical healthcare setting.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work evening shifts from 1:30pm-10:00pm
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, physiology, pharmacology, and equipment.
- Two or more years of patient care experience as a, but not limited to, Paramedic, Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Respiratory Therapist, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), Simulation Technician, or any other licensed health care provider preferred.
- Unencumbered LPN or RN Licensure for the State of Arizona
- Demonstrated experience working with typical medical equipment and computer based instructional equipment found in simulation labs, networking software systems, and audio/visual peripherals (laptops, projectors, microphone systems, mobile phone, video cameras, monitors, and screens) preferred.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#nursing #faculty #technology #simulation #software #GCU #nurse #education