Esports Coach (League of Legends) Part Time
Do you have a competitive spirit and looking to work in thriving diverse work environment? If so, we want to hear from you! Grand Canyon University is seeking a part-time self-motivated and self-directed individual to Coach an Esports League of Legends team. This position is responsible for developing student-athletes through a variety of instructional methods and for developing sport-specific skills, spiritual maturity, physical wellness, mental preparation, and character. The position will require the coach to take on the role as tutor and mentor to provide academic success of student-athletes and implement successful retention strategies.
Perks at work:
- Free covered parking
- Access to our campus activity center and onsite fitness center
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee discounts
- Free tickets to all on campus games
- Discounts to our hotel and restaurant
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience competing in League of Legends or being coached in League of Legends in a College/University level is preferred
- Valid Arizona driver's license and in good standing
- In depth understanding of the Esports video gaming genre
- Gather competitive data and apply to coaching strategy and practices
- Responsible for requesting, communicating, and facilitating maintenance or replacing gaming hardware
- Create team environment which supports retention of team members and growth in skill ability
- Ensuring team compliance with all league, conference, and institutional rules and regulations
- Continuously ensuring personal behavior and program reputation are in alignment with Grand Canyon University mission and doctrinal statement
- Work with university staff and faculty on recruiting efforts and assigning scholarships
- Recommend Esports equipment, facility and other needs to build competitive eEsports program
Key items: Responsible for coordinating practices, coordinating scrimmages, competitive games, perform scouting, recruiting, strategy development and training. Administers all aspects of Esports program including, but not limited to problem resolution, practice preparation, monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes, public relations efforts, budget operations, team travel arrangements, and fundraising activities. Must be available for team practices which will be after 5:00pm and weekends.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.