Entry level Commercial HVAC Maintenance Tech-1
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
GCU Facilities manages and services all university-owned property. By the development and maintenance of the GCU campus and surrounding areas, GCU aims to support and ensure the accomplishment of the university’s mission. By working creatively and collaboratively, we fulfill the needs of the university by successfully managing our resources while delivering excellent customer service.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Entry Level Commercial HVAC Tech for our Facilities Department. The Commercial HVAC Tech Analyze, plan, and perform preventive maintenance of HVAC systems. Plans shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill water, heating water systems. Troubleshoot, repair, and make modifications to HVAC systems. This role will be located on our Main Campus at 33rd Ave and Camelback.
What you will do:
- Conduct necessary tests, including standard industry approved trouble shooting methods to determine malfunctions and/or causes of breakdowns of all assigned equipment; remove, repair, or replace faulty parts, subassemblies, and major components; retest equipment with repaired or replaced components and make required adjustments and/or corrections to restore complete/proper operation.
- Recommend and/or order necessary parts and supplies for installation, service, repair, and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
- Instruct and advise users of proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Report, organize and maintain all necessary records of materials purchased/work performed to service, repair, maintain and operate all equipment, including applicable records/paperwork associated with EPA mandates and refrigerant transition/recovery.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state, and Federal codes.
- Observe safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attend classes and seminars (classroom or online) to update skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
Why work at GCU?
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan.
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events.
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms at all our office locations
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046509