Entry Level Commercial HVAC Maintenance Tech
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
- Analyze, plan, and perform preventive maintenance of HVAC systems
- Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill water, heating water systems
- Troubleshoot, repair, and make modifications to HVAC systems
- Conduct necessary tests, including standard industry approved trouble shooting methods to determine malfunctions and/or causes of breakdowns of all assigned equipment; remove, repair, or replace faulty parts, subassemblies and major components; retest equipment with repaired or replaced components and make required adjustments and/or corrections to restore complete/proper operation.
- Recommend and/or order necessary parts and supplies for installation, service, repair, and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
- Instruct and advise users of proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Report, organize and maintain all necessary records of materials purchased/work performed to service, repair, maintain and operate all equipment, including applicable records/paperwork associated with EPA mandates and refrigerant transition/recovery.
- Perform general maintenance tasks as needed.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state, and Federal codes.
- Observe safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attend classes and seminars (classroom or online) to update skills.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Hand Tools
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.