Engineering Lab Technician (FWS/NFWS)
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to support laboratory staff in developing and designing state-of-the art biosensors.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Adhere to all lab practices and polices
- Perform status updates, resource management, and project plans to team members and staff
- Promote quality project planning, execution, and meet development goals
- Facilitate effective team dynamics
- Research, develop, analyze and test new technologies, theories, chemicals, and materials
- Perform additional roles as requested
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Office
- Electrochemical impedance measurement equipment
- Microscopes (optical, scanning electron microscope)?
- Previous engineering project design experience, including the ability to plan and mange projects
- Knowledge of electrochemical techniques, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy preferred
- Experience with biosensor development, including modifying surface chemistry
- Previous project planning, product design, and budget development experience
- Knowledge of lab standards, testing, and safety practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, make decisions, think critically, and work independently
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 1-4 hours a day
* Standing: 1-4 hours a day
* Walking: 1-4 hours a day
* Lifting: Occasionally
* Carrying: Occasionally
* Pushing: Occasionally
* Bending: Occasionally
* Squatting: Rarely
* Kneeling: Rarely
* Climbing: Rarely
* Reaching: Occasionally
* Grasping: Frequently
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
* Driving: Rarely
* Work Environment: Laboratory on site. Work is performed primarily inside but occasionally outside or going between multiple labs in different buildings.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Manager: HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST - Senior Engineering Research Manager
Currently working at this organization? Please be sure to apply internally through your Employee Workday account!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000048000