Employer Relations Program Manager
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Recruitment Operations Program Manager to join our Strategic Employer Initiatives team (SEI). This position will provide internship and job opportunities for Grand Canyon University students by building mutually beneficial partnerships with local employers. This role is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the recruitment process of SEI and supervising the operations staff as well as executing daily responsibilities due to business volume.
- Lead the management of diverse career events and professional development programs. Oversee the clear and consistent communication between appropriate campus departments and program participants. Conduct on-going assessment and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such events.
- Collaborate with university departments including Colleges, Student Affairs, university residents, development, Alumni Relations and more to design and deliver career-related programs, events, and university-wide job fairs.
- Identify employer needs and provides information regarding potential recruiting events, engagement activities and apprises of sponsorship opportunities.
- Recruit student, alumni, and employer participation in major events.
- Manage the design and delivery of communications and marketing material to students and employers regarding recruitment activities utilizing various tools such as marketing department, calendar invitations, department event calendars, announcements, emails, call campaigns and leadership reports.
- Develop promotional material to increase additional employer services including web and career sponsorship, information sessions, mock interviews and resume critiques, hosting workshops, sponsoring receptions, and other programs/events.
- Oversee all communications to students and employers regarding recruitment activities. Design and develop marketing materials, including recruiting-related website documentation. Composes and strategizes the content and timing of a large volume of communications to students via system.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the employer advisory board.
- Oversee the management of the recruitment-tracking database system, ensuring all information is properly built in the system and that all data is finalized and assessed.
- Manage the department budget areas affiliated with recruitment services operations.
- Responsible for the successful management of multiple department inboxes.
- Possessing a comprehensive understanding of department technology and staying abreast of system updates to utilize most appropriate features for program delivery.
- Participate in University leadership meetings, serve on committees and represented the department at conferences or other events.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of recruitment operations efforts and provide feedback to enhance service effectiveness.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in developing marketing communications and campaigns to increase participation in programmed events.
- Experience in engagement management by working with internal and external clients, employers, alumni, faculty and students.
- Experience with career industry event planning and execution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a client focus and problem-solving approach to working with colleagues.
- Must pass background investigation.
- Must work beyond normal business hours which may include evenings, weekends or holidays as needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.