Employer Engagement Specialist
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Employer Engagement Specialist. This position is responsible for identifying and meeting the employer development and engagement needs of GCU by working extensively with Arizona employers as well as career services staff, faculty and key campus administrators. The specialist will identify employer needs and recommend appropriate engagement opportunities while also establishing new job/internship opportunities for GCU students and alumni.
- Serve as primary liaison for interested employers in gaining knowledge of quality of GCU students and its programs; ensures all interested employers are added to employer database for digital engagement informational communications.
- Develop industry-specific career exploration and/or employment-driven activities including but not limited to career panel discussions, site visits, topical programs, and events granting access to employers and staffing agencies
- Participate in the relationship building and education awareness with the colleges and other student facing departments to build their understanding of ACE career outreach projects
- Assess and conduct an annual plan for both in- and out-of-state site visits to build relationships with current and perspective employers. Nurturing deeper relationships, an understanding of the industries within their respective portfolios and how our students are performing relative to competitor schools will be a key outcome.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to facilitate student engagement and assist students in securing appropriate internship and work experiences leading to employment or graduate school
- Conduct education/training sessions for team members to ensure collective understanding of college programs and alignment with industries’ job opportunities
- Coordinate all logistics for department and college employer related events; provide onsite assistance during the events as needed.
- Ensures agreement documents articulate the employer requirements so interested GCU students are fully informed of the job role. Support the relationship building and connection at hiring events to ensure that employers’ expectations are being met. Participate as on site liaison at all hiring events to ensure that employers participating in event have a successful experience.
- Develop and maintain approved metrics of employee engagement initiatives.
- Document and track communications with employers on levels of engagement.
- Attend external/internal meetings necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Stay current on workforce/career trends across industries and provide informational updates to ACE management and colleges.
- Perform other duties as assigned to advance the goals and objectives of the department and University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to counseling, human resources, or marketing from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a University career center or other environment which focuses on career/professional development
- Demonstrated knowledge of a client focus and problem-solving approach to working with colleagues
- Experience in relationship management by working with internal and external clients, employers, alumni, faculty and students.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of recruitment and hiring process and able to understand applicant tracking system and employer database.
- Strong knowledge of employer relationship development and engagement.
- Proficient in networking and outreach to build employer prospect database.
- Skilled in assessing and interpreting career interests and matching interests to employment opportunities.
- Ability to counsel and advise students in professional, meaningful manner.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices and able to model service skills for career services team.
- Skilled in interpersonal communications and ability to build and maintain workable relationships.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of students and individuals.
- Ability to prioritize, cope with changing deadlines and manage multiple activities.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with software such as MS Office and applicant tracking systems.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master’s Degree or degree in assigned college discipline
- Proven experience developing and maintaining productive relationships with a variety of constituents that resulted in employment opportunities and/or business opportunities.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.