Emergency Preparedness Manager
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an Emergency Preparedness Manager responsible for preparation of policies and programs for natural and technological hazards, terrorism or other emergencies that affect the University and its designated partner business. Responsible for formulating, performing and coordinating difficult and responsible disaster and emergency planning contingencies for an organized and timely delivery of notification and emergency services to protect life and property in the event of natural or man-made incident or disaster. Provides leadership and coordination of services and personnel in crises and emergency situations, including evaluations and temporary shelters.
- Provides guidance, training, and assistance to departments developing their Departmental Emergency Operations Plans. Assures compliance meets regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains documents and checklists to emergency or disaster conditions. Researches, analyzes, and develops emergency preparedness procedures for campus.
- Researches, analyzes, and develops emergency preparedness procedures for campus.
- Coordinates and assists departments in identifying human and material resource needs, as well as coordinating plans for resource mobilization during an emergency.
- Plans and coordinates response to critical or urgent incidents as designated.
- In partnership with management, establishes and coordinates a University-wide emergency preparedness, awareness and training program.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates continuity of operations planning, disaster planning, training, mitigation, response and recovery.
- Performance of responsibilities may result in 24-hour duty, nights, weekends, holidays, etc. depending on type, nature and extent of emergency situation requiring response.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required. Master’s in emergency management preferred.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated recent professional-level experience in emergency management and planning, policy development, and coordination with large organizations with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in emergency management practices, as well as advanced knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS), and Incident Command System (ICS).
- Must be NIMS certified, or must be able to acquire certification within 30 days of employment.
- Adult CPR with First Aid and Automatic External Defibrillation (AED), or the ability to obtain within 60 days of employment.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer with AED and First Aid specialization or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Ability and willingness to respond to emergencies in hazardous situations on an on-call 24/7 basis. And be prepared to work extended hours during emergency situations.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.