Embroidery Machine Operator
Who We Are:
Canyon Promotions is your one-stop-shop for apparel, signage, and giveaways!
We put our determined graduates and students to work alongside skilled industry staff to provide you with the most excellent solutions for your projects. We pride ourselves with outstanding and fast service for our clients. Our team loves to work with all our departments on campus but also reaches out to our external school partners to provide our product offerings.
The embroidery machine operator is responsible for operating our 8 head & single head Tajima machines. Each team member in our embroidery department is accountable for timely production and reviews orders for quality and accuracy. We run two shifts and are looking for a hard-working, experienced embroidery operator to join our team. This is a full-time job and we are looking for second shift experienced operator.
We are growing! If you enjoy what you do and you are a dedicated embroidery operator and you want to work in a fun and upbeat environment and you take pride in top quality work, we want you to join us.
- Operate multi-head / single-head Tajima embroidery machines using standard safety procedures.
- Minor maintenance, oiling and frequent cleaning of the machines.
- Identify correct hoop size and proper backing, needles and thread to be used for each job.
- Ability to set-up, tension, operate and troubleshoot embroidered apparel project.
- Monitor embroidery orders to make sure they are completed on time and to specified specifications directed by the customer.
- Maintain an organized, clean and professional production area.
- Keep up inventory levels on cost components for production.
- Digitizing knowledge and understanding is desired but not required.
- Embroidery machine operating experience (minimum of 2 years)
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Reliable, punctual and self-motivated.
- Ability to stand for 10 hours per day.
- Strong commitment to quality, safety and efficiency.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- High School education
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Digitizing Knowledge
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.