Electronic Resources Librarian
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s library is seeking a full time Electronic Resources Librarian. The Electronic Resources Librarian manages and coordinates the library’s electronic resources, including databases, e-journals, and library system tools.
· Responsible for maintenance, updates, and customization of library databases, e-journal records, and library products.
· Develop and maintain library’s web site and social media pages.
· Coordinate and monitor database usage statistics, trials, and database administration.
· Primary responsibility to troubleshoot and communicate all library electronic access issues with other departments and vendors to achieve highest level of quality resolution.
· Provides virtual and in-person reference services and instruction and actively participates in the development and design of classes related to the use of the library and its resources.
· Participates in library outreach programs and conducts library tours.
· Assists in collection development, including planning and promoting electronic information resources and services.
· Assists with database maintenance, and ERM management, trials and customization.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to work in a high volume, customer service environment.
· Good written communication skills with a good command of the English language; adept at writing technical information in a succinct and understandable format.
· Good interpersonal and communication skill.
· Must be a collaborative team player or capable of working independently.
· Self -motivated and action oriented.
· Able to explain how to use a computer and how to read a computer screen to people over the telephone or via video conferencing.
· Familiar with utilizing article databases and various online search engines.
· Must be able to pass background investigations.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Familiarity with emerging library technologies and HTML editing experience is desired
· ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent. Two years’ experience working in a library.
· Knowledge of Library of Congress classification and cataloging.
· Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.