Economics (Microeconomics and Macroeconomics) - Adjunct Faculty - Traditional Campus - Colangelo College of Business
Grand Canyon University is Arizona’s premier private Christian university.
Join our mission in helping others find their purpose and start your instructor career with GCU. The Colangelo College of Business offers rewarding opportunities for adjunct faculty to teach part-time, face-to-face instruction at our Phoenix campus.
Why Work at GCU:
- Education Benefits and Tuition Assistance
- Employee Perks and Discounts
- Gym and Fitness Center
- Canyon Health & Wellness Center
GCU Traditional Campus located in Phoenix, AZ:
- Courses are in-person and on-campus for the Fall 2024 semester (09/03/2024 - 12/15/2024)
ECN-351: Essentials of Economics
This survey course covers the basic concepts of microeconomics and macroeconomics. The course begins by addressing the fundamental concepts of scarcity, choice, opportunity cost, and comparative advantage. The course builds on these fundamentals to explain the market forces of supply and demand, market efficiency, the economics of the public sector, and the firm's behavior under competitive market conditions. The second half of the course focuses on basic macroeconomic concepts, including measurement of national income, economic growth, and productivity. In addition, this course covers the monetary system and the classical theory of inflation.
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate classroom lecture and discussions
- Engage students in learning course objectives and topics
- Assess student performance and mentor success in the classroom
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
What You Will Bring:
- Masters in Economics or a Masters degree and a minimum of 15 graduate credit hours in economics
- AND at least 5 years of professional experience in the field of economics or finance
#gcu #highered #faculty #phoenix