Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college of business with a teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share your expertise as an Economics Professional with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Grand Canyon University’s Colangelo College of Business (CCOB), Colangelo College of Business, is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach Economics (open to all ranks). Professional corporate/ industry experience is a plus. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the Economics faculty position is located at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus
- 9-month faculty role teaching Economics
- Projected start date - August 2022
- The chance to promote a business mindset for today’s changing world, as well as help with the integration of faith and celebrate free market capitalism
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Economics Professionals
What you will do:
- Teach Economics and Finance classes in an engaging manner by preparing lectures that stimulate classroom discussions
- Help lead/support the academic degree programs: BS in Economics, BS in Finance/Economics
- Network to provide internships and job placements
- Remains current in the field of Economics and effective teaching techniques
- Participates in faculty and CCOB meetings and College/University committee activities
- Supports the integrity of the GCU Christian mission, faith integration & learning outcomes
What you will need:
- PhD in Economics or DBA or MS in Economics or MBA with emphasis in Economics
- Post-secondary experience teaching Economics/Finance courses
- Significant (5+ years desired), industry experience in the application of economics preferred
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (e.g. finance) is a plus
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!