Disability Services Administrator
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s office of Academic Compliance and Regulation is seeking a full time Disability Services Administrator. This position will ensure compliance with federal and state requirements and regulations and University policies and procedures related to disabled student programs and services administration.
- Responsible for development and implementation of disability policies, procedures and programs as they relate to individuals with disabilities.
- Help evaluate and monitor disability compliance with ADA/ADAAA/Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and applicable Special Education laws and regulations as it relates to individuals with disabilities.
- Remains up-to-date on all pending disability legislation and changing legal mandates which would affect the University’s responsibility to provide services and accommodations to students with disabilities.
- Arrange provision of low vision/blind/LD materials, adaptive technology and deaf/hard-of-hearing services, and train staff to oversee their use.
- Researches disabled student grievances related to enrollment, withdrawals, tuition reimbursement, final grades, classroom misconduct, classroom policies, instructor issues and plagiarism charges.
- Assist students in making decisions affecting their academic progress at the University through personal guidance, changes in major courses of study, interpretation of University and School guidelines and policies, administrative counsel, development in student support systems, and decisions based on an analysis of the students' academic records.
- Intervene both proactively and reactively to assist student or staff member with any aspect of the accommodation process. Negotiate alternative resolutions to unusual situations related to disability issues.
- Creates and maintains effective, cooperative and collegial relationships with state, county and local offices, departments and/or agencies that provide serves to individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in a role which involves handling of complex customer service issues. Prefer experience in higher education and previous handling of accommodations for disabled individuals.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding disability accommodations.
- Ability to independently research needed data and complete requirements.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.