Director, Sports Business - Colangelo College of Business - Traditional Ground Campus
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Director, Sports Business. The critical position provides leadership and instruction for the following programs: 1) BS Sports Management, 2) Minor Sports Management, and 3) MBA with an emphasis in Sports Management and reports directly to the dean and works with Mr. Jerry Colangelo. This position requires a unique combination of industry knowledge/experience, teaching experience, academic perspective, and industry networks within the area of sports business/management. Expected start date is July 2018 and it is a twelve-month position.
- Strategic leadership of the prestigious Sports Business program
- Faculty staffing, classroom experience, and curriculum for all degree programs and instructional modalities.
- Leading the student experience at GCU, specifically the GCU Sports Business student club.
- Fostering industry relationships to enhance the student experience and job placement; sports business development.
- Helping with marketing, public relations, and admissions for the program.
- Classroom lead for teaching and delivering sports business content.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate and graduate students within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground and online classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of sports business and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains two course teaching load each semester, and online teaching in the summer.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission, Christian world view, and educational learning outcomes.
- MBA or MS in Business Administration (preferably discipline emphasis on sports management) and more than 3+ years of significant industry experience.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in the sports business industry
- Significant network of sports industry relationships to provide student experience and student hiring/intern opportunities.
Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- PhD or DBA Sports Business/Management or in related business discipline
- Minimum of three years’ documented post-secondary experience teaching business and/or sports business courses
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.