Director of Clinical Operations
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Director, Clinical Operations. The Director of Clinical Operations assumes authority, responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of day-to-day clinical nursing and healthcare education. This role optimizes the use of clinical education tools and technology in nursing and health.
This role is located at our main campus - 33rd and Camelback in Phoenix, Arizona
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What You Will Do:
- Enhances teaching effectiveness by consulting with individual clinical faculty to facilitate their growth in appropriate, curriculum design, assessment of student learning, and professional formation.
- Conducts observations in the clinical setting to offer constructive and supportive feedback to clinical faculty.
- Promotes a culture of faculty development and life-long learning within the context of the university and college mission.
- Direct problem-solving and quality improvement initiatives.
- Establishes and monitors processes to ensure the clinical learning environment meets accreditation and regulatory standards and takes appropriate action if a remedy is needed.
- Oversight and supervision of assigned clinical faculty and staff as appropriate.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience preferably in higher education.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct patient care experience as a registered nurse.
- Graduate degree in nursing required and Doctorate degree preferred from an accredited program (CCNE or ACEN) within an accredited college or university.
- Active, current, unrestricted, and unencumbered RN license in Arizona required Multi-state RN license preferred.
- Prior nursing leadership experience preferred.
- CNE or CNEcl preferred.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047732