Director of Annual Giving
Grand Canyon University is continuing to grow and add new positions! We are currently seeking to add a new Director of Annual Giving to our team! Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving will create, plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate a comprehensive annual giving program focused on shaping a sustainable growth in donor count and annual operational support for GCU. Responsible for increasing annual giving revenues, broadening the base of support through donor acquisition and strengthening the major gift pipeline.
The Director of Annual Giving is part of an energetic, fast-paced and collegial department. S/he is responsible for developing the growth of the Annual Fund by implementing programs and communications that will increase revenue for the university, increase the percentage of participation in each of the college’s constituencies. S/he is primarily responsible for growing the number of individuals who give financial support to GCU, and will work closely with advancement team members on messaging, solicitation, volunteer management, recognition and stewardship. S/he will also support the Directors of Development in other initiatives as needed. Some evening and weekend work for special events is required.
- Design and manage an integrated multi-channel marketing strategy of outbound programs and inbound programs that engage donors through one to many marketing channels and ultimately moves them into personal relationship-based development efforts.
- Establish the use of digital marketing and analytics to improve segmentation and messaging and to create a personal and positive experience for donors.
- Develop a strategy to acquire, retain and upgrade donors
- Develop strong solicitation, engagement, and stewardship programs for key constituencies as well as key affinity groups
- Work with campus partners to ensure personal and consistent messaging and positive donor experiences
- Coordinate a calendar of annual solicitations that includes deployment of strategy across multi-channels and volunteer management
- Develop and deploy solicitations that maximize response rates and overall giving.
- Provide regular analysis and status reports to the Vice President for Advancement.
- Organize and help produce all Annual Fund materials and communications, including writing appeals and managing the design of signs, electronic, print and other collateral materials
- Assist with other campaigns and initiatives of University Advancement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years related experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practices in annual giving for education institutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of multi-channel marketing including traditional channels and digital channels
- Proven skill in written and verbal communication
- Success in utilizing data to make decisions and an understanding of data analytics best practices
- Proven ability to work with cooperatively, collaboratively and supportively with colleagues.
- Demonstrated success in working with donors on annual gifts.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Highest integrity and commitment to confidentiality, diplomacy, discretion, and tact.
- Ability to evaluate and assess annual giving performance
- Proficiency in managing a donor database system
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Advanced degree
- 3 year of related experience in higher education fundraising
- Fundraising and advanced level writing experience
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.