Director Nursing Services-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for. The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for a Director, Nursing Services located at our site in Phoenix.
The Director, Nursing Services is accountable for providing leadership and management of the hybrid accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) learning site in collaboration with the university and health care partner(s). Nursing services may include scheduling, proctoring, skills laboratory, clinical placement and compliance, and simulation.
Location: 27th Ave and Camelback Phoenix, Arizona
Target Hire: ASAP
Benefits: Full benefits portfolio including tuition package
Schedule: Mon-Fri days, onsite
What you will do:
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development of clinical, lab, and simulation activities so as to meet agreed organizational and university partner goals and outcomes
- Establish and maintain appropriate organizational systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timelines
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff ensuring organizational and university partner qualifications, certifications, and requirements are completed upon hire and annually
- Secure and manage equipment and supplies to ensure implementation of all clinical, lab and Simulation activities
- Collaborate with ABSN Director to ensure delivery of services to students
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, and other regulatory compliance guidelines.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Graduate degree in nursing from an accredited program (CCNE or ACEN) within a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years nursing practice with demonstrated evidence of accountability for outcomes
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience, including supervision of personnel
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience (must include clinical teaching) at the baccalaureate level or higher in nursing
- Licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in AZ
- Online teaching experience preferred
- MLN Certification as a nurse educator (CNE) preferred
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus