Director, Nursing Services - ABSN Education
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
We have an immediate need for a Director of Nursing Services for our new site in Denver, Colorado.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for a full-time Director of Nursing Services. The Director of Nursing Services is accountable for providing leadership and management of the hybrid accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) learning site in collaboration with the university and health care partner(s). Nursing services may include scheduling, proctoring, skills laboratory, clinical placement and compliance, and simulation.
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
Location: Located near the Denver Tech Center (Greenwood Village)
Salary Estimation: $90,000/year to $100,000/year
What you will do:
In coordination with the Associate Dean of Nursing:
- Ensures and documents the nursing education program’s compliance with the Nurse and Nurse Aide Practice Act, the Board’s Rules and Regulations, and all other state or federal regulations
- Provides a current written job description to the Board of Nursing for all faculty positions
- Demonstrates leadership with the faculty for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum and other nursing education program components
- Participates in the budget planning process for and administering the nursing education program budget
- Recruits and selects faculty for employment, designing and monitoring development plans for faculty, conducting performance reviews of faculty, and participating in faculty promotion and retention
- Develops and coordinates the use of education facilities and clinical resources
- Identifies and advocates for services needed by students in the nursing education program
- Acts as liaison with the Board of Nursing
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships within the community, including fostering the nursing education program’s responsiveness to community/employer needs
- Participates in activities that facilitate the director of nursing service’s professional expertise in the areas of administration, teaching, and maintenance of nursing competence
- Determines the need for additional faculty release time for administrative duties based on established teaching loads for faculty roles
- The director of nursing services is responsible to the Board for assuring compliance with Board requirements.
- Develops and maintains the relationship between the nursing education program, college leadership and the dean of the college who maintains the relationship with the governing body, including but not limited to acting as a liaison with other programs within the governing body and with other nursing education programs
- The director of nursing services will be released from teaching responsibilities for nursing administrative duties to align with the Board of Nursing rules
What you will need:
- An active, unencumbered license to practice as a registered nursing in Colorado.
- Documented knowledge and skills related to teaching adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation.
- Minimum two years of full-time, or equivalent, clinical experience as a practicing registered nurse.
- Minimum of two years of full-time, or equivalent, experience in teaching in an approved nursing education program. such experience must be at or above the baccalaureate level.
- Graduate degree in nursing required and Doctorate degree preferred from a national accredited nursing program (CCNE or ACEN) and either a national or regional accredited college or university
- Online teaching experience is strongly preferred
- Academic leadership experience strongly preferred
- NLN certification as a nurse educator (CNE) preferred
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation
- Doctoral degree / DNP or PhD in Nursing
- Online teaching experience preferred
- Licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in Colorado
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046493