Director, Nursing Services ABSN Education
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
We have an immediate need for a Director, Nursing Services for our new site in El Paso, Texas.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an immediate full-time Director, Nursing Services. The Director of Nursing Services is accountable for providing leadership and management of the hybrid accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) learning site in collaboration with the university and health care partner(s). Nursing services may include scheduling, proctoring, skills laboratory, clinical placement and compliance, and simulation.
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What you will do:
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development of clinical, lab, and simulation activities so as to meet agreed organizational and university partner goals and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain appropriate organizational systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timelines
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff ensuring organizational and university partner qualifications, certifications, and requirements are completed upon hire and annually
- Secure and manage equipment and supplies to ensure implementation of all clinical, lab and Simulation activities
- Collaborate with ABSN Director to ensure delivery of services to students
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, and other regulatory compliance guidelines.
What you need:
- Graduate degree in nursing from an accredited program (CCNE or ACEN) within an accredited college or university required
- Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing practice with demonstrated evidence of accountability for outcomes
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership experience, including supervision of personnel
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience (must include clinical teaching) at the baccalaureate level or higher in nursing.
- Online teaching experience strongly preferred
- Academic leadership experience strongly preferred
- Active, current, and unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in Texas
- NLN certification as nurse educator (CNE) preferred
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046469