Digital Technician (Full Time)
- Set up and configuration of audio systems for live sound reinforcement.
- Operating audio mixes and audio consoles for live sound production.
- Assist with setup and maintenance of show and stage layouts for each event.
- Responsible for reporting potential maintenance needs of electrical components related to audio systems.
- Participate in meetings to gain knowledge of audio/video requirements needed for future events and ensuring that all equipment is on hand and ready to go.
- Follows appropriate standardized procedures for each type of service event which includes onsite work and administrative activities associated with technical work, such as logging reports.
- Assist with research analysis when requested regarding audio/video needs for events and future growth plans.
- Observes safety precautions and requirements.
- High School Diploma
- 4 year degree in Engineering or related field (desired but not required)
- Certificate or course work in Sound Design, Live Sound Reinforcement or related field (desired but not required).
- Basic understanding of electrical theories and safety procedures.
- Basic understanding of audio concepts and live sound reinforcement.
- Demonstrated practical application of working audio mixing console.
- Basic understanding of audio and video signal routing.
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate equipment issues
- Ability to be quickly determine problem and provide solution during event to guarantee audio production is uninterrupted.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage time to meet scheduled activities.
- Willingness and ability to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, holidays, special events depending on event schedules.
- Ability to lift, move and carry up to 45 pounds alone and up to 90 pounds assisted and willingness and ability to run cabling when necessary and set up all necessary equipment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.