Digital Design: Portfolio - Adjunct Faculty - Traditional Campus
Grand Canyon University is Arizona’s premier private Christian university.
Are you an experienced Graphic Designer, Production Manager, Art Director, or Creative Director with success in creating digital design portfolios? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for!
Start your instructor career with GCU and join our mission in helping others find their purpose. The College of Arts and Media offers exciting opportunities for adjunct faculty to teach part-time, face-to-face instruction at our Phoenix campus. We offer digital design degrees with emphases in animation and web design.
Why Work at GCU:
- Education Benefits and Tuition Assistance
- Employee Perks and Discounts
- Gym and Fitness Center
- Canyon Health & Wellness Center
GCU Traditional Campus - Phoenix, AZ:
- Courses are in-person and on-campus for the Fall 2023 semester (09/05/2023 - 12/17/2023)
Course: DDN-276: Portfolio 1
This course requires students to research and build a self-marketing plan and curate a portfolio of work to use in a job search. Students examine their current work in order to accurately develop personal promotional assets, be introduced to design communities, identify industry networking opportunities, and begin to build a professional social network.
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate classroom lecture and discussions while incorporating innovative teaching strategies
- Engage students in cutting-edge technologies and industry trends
- Assess student performance and mentor classroom success to prepare them for their chosen career path
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelors (or higher) in Graphic Design, UX/UI, Motion Graphics, Communication Arts, Illustration, OR related area in the visual arts
- At least 3 years experience in the industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital presence development, self-promotion, and design portfolio development.
- Portfolio or Website Link:
- Work Project or Design Samples (Graphics, Presentations)
- Experience with Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe XD, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere Rush, or Behance
- Experience with LinkedIn or social media channels
If you are looking for a chance to empower and support students to gain design experience while building their portfolio, we want to hear from you!
#gcu #highered #faculty #digitaldesign #phoenix #teaching