Digital Design - Adjunct Faculty - Traditional Campus
Grand Canyon University is Arizona’s premier private Christian university.
Are you a Graphic Designer, Creative Director, Illustrator, Multimedia Designer, Motion Designer, or Web Designer who wants to share their experience with future digital design professionals? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for!
Start your instructor career with GCU and join our mission in helping others find their purpose. The College of Arts and Media offers exciting opportunities for adjunct faculty to teach part-time, face-to-face instruction at our Phoenix campus. We offer digital design degrees with emphases in animation and web design.
Why Work at GCU:
- Education Benefits and Tuition Assistance
- Employee Perks and Discounts
- Gym and Fitness Center
- Canyon Health & Wellness Center
GCU Traditional Campus - Phoenix, AZ:
- Courses are in-person and on-campus for the Fall 2023 semester (09/05/2023 - 12/17/2023)
Degree Program Information: Digital Design
-- Click here for degree course list and course descriptions --
DDN-101: Design Thinking
DDN-125: Layout and Composition
DDN-200: Creative Processes
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate classroom lecture and discussions while incorporating innovative teaching strategies
- Engage students in cutting-edge technologies and industry trends
- Assess student performance and mentor classroom success to prepare them for their chosen career path
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelors (or higher) in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Communication Arts, Illustration, Animation, Art Education OR related area of study
- At least 3 years experience in the industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of design thinking processes, creative brief creation, color theory, principles of composition, typographic layout and indication, or drawing and rapid visualization using traditional media or digital media.
- Portfolio or Website Link:
- Work Project or Design Samples (Graphics, Presentations)
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe XD, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere Rush, or Behance
If you are looking for a chance to empower and support students to gain design experience while building their portfolio, we want to hear from you!
#gcu #highered #faculty #digitaldesign #phoenix #teaching