Grand Canyon University is seeking a Dietitian/Nutritionist. The role of this position is to educate and advise clients on a nutritional food plan which is customized according to the medical/health needs of the client.
- Participates in the development and implementation of unit procedures and work methods. Makes recommendations to improve unit efficiency including recommendations on staff requirements.
- Evaluates patients’ and clients’ nutritional needs according to current health/medical assessment/needs.
- Educates the clients about the effects of nutrients and proper nutrition on health, weight management, and/or medical conditions.
- Reviews current dietary intake and counsels patients on an optimum nutritional plan.
- Recognizes patterns and relationships between a patient’s medical history and diet to determine ideal nutrition plans.
- Sets clear objectives with clients that can be easily monitored and measured through data.
- Develops meal plans, taking both cost and clients’ preferences into account.
- Evaluates the effects of meal plans and make changes based on feedback and results.
- Promotes better nutrition by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition, and the relationship between good eating habits and preventing or managing specific diseases.
- Maintains current knowledge and applicability of nutritional science research and trends.
- Listens to feedback from the patient regarding satisfaction with the nutritional plan and their health progress and responds to improve or adjust accordingly.
- Write reports to document patient progress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related field.
- Registered Dietician Nutritionist.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical and nutrition related experience.
- Knowledge of the Nutrition Care Process and ability to apply all steps.
- Comprehensive knowledge, application of medical nutrition therapy, human behavior and techniques for effecting behavior change.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of nutrition support services.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.