Cybersecurity Event Specialist
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology is currently seeking a Cybersecurity Event Specialist. Under the general direction of the Department Head, the position supports the College’s campus visitation events for prospective participants and their families, and professional educators or administrators who are desirous of learning about GCU’s programs. The Cybersecurity Event Specialist ensures all activities are administratively orchestrated to ensure a satisfactory and pleasant experience for the participants and delivers engaging information presentations. Please note, this position is expected to begin in Summer 2018.
- Responsible for administratively scheduling all logistics needed to conduct tours, such as for the Cyber Warfare Range, or other College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET) information events.
- Delivers engaging information presentations to various audiences that may differ in length and purpose, including high school students, parents, school administration, and current and potential students.
- Recommends changes in information presentations as needed to ensure audiences have a sufficient understanding of GCU’s capabilities relative to program, facility setup and instructional resources.
- Responsible for walk-throughs of GCU's facility for a variety of audiences to demonstrate "hands-on" feel for GCU’s educational capabilities.
- Informs all GCU stakeholders of events and ensures all needed GCU resources are deployed, e.g., parking and access services to ensure visitors can easily access GCU campus.
- Coordinates with all needed GCU support departments to set up appropriate visitor access.
- Keeps up to date on cybersecurity field through collaboration with CSET college management, Non Degree management, and enrollment teams to revise and update all collateral marketing material developed; update of websites, printed handout material, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned to ensure success of GCU events.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred
- Experience with cybersecurity either in hands on or through an educator related role, preferably at the K-12 level
- Must be able to stand for majority of work hours, leading groups through event tours.
- Knowledge of Kali Linux and various security tools: Metasploit, Wireshark
- Knowledge of web security, , programming, , cryptography, malware analysis, software reverse engineering tools.
- Able to become a member of AZ Infragard
- May require specific certifications or licenses depending on CSET discipline.
- Expert ability to present information in manner that resonates with the audience level and maintains their interest.
- Ability to facilitate "question and answer" sessions and ensure visitors have needed information; ability to defer answers to technical resources when needed and ensure all visitors get the accurate information.
- Ability to manage "crowd control" of visitor groups; ensuring safety of all individuals in attendance
- Ability to learn complex technical information and present in succinct, understandable manner to audiences when necessary.
- Ability to problem solve and take immediate action when group event appears to be off target either in presentation by others or hands on demonstration; ability to intervene appropriate and take corrective action.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite software.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.