Cybersecurity Boot Camp Instructor
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the future tech careers of students as a full time Cybersecurity Boot Camp Instructor at Grand Canyon University.
As a full time Cybersecurity instructor, you’ll provide instruction through hands-on, project-based learning. You will also be responsible for exposing students to cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting the latest advancements in cybersecurity practices. This role also assists in the updating of instruction and improvement of teaching methodologies that work best in relating the practices and technologies that prepare students for a career in Cybersecurity
This is a full time (12 month instructor) position that will begin in Winter 2020/2021. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction to eager students via collaborative, personal instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assisting students individually and in groups is a collaborative learning environment, assessing student performance, and preparing students to be successful leaders in the programming profession. Other primary responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches cybersecurity / IT courses within a cohort model
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Assists administration in driving updates around boot camp curriculum design & development
- Develops and implements forward-thinking plans for boot camp program development and growth
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry contacts to support mentoring opportunities, classroom guest speaker visits, internship programs, project collaborations, and the future employment of program graduates
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality
- Recommends to University leadership initiatives to advance technology education
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of technology programs
- Actively supports college/University mission and initiatives
- Actively engages in professional development activities
- Complies with all college and University policies
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned
- Any two of the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in information technology, actively involved in deploying, configuring, and maintaining the integrity of computer systems and networks in an enterprise or data center environment. May include progressive business/managerial experience in a field related to the information technology and information systems disciplines.
- Holds multiple certifications in cybersecurity, information technology, networking, systems administration, or security,
- Holds or has held a position as a director or higher, associated with information technology or information systems, in an enterprise or data center environment.
- Has been published 3 or more times in peer-reviewed journals within the past 7 years
- Must be a member of AZ InfraGard or eligible for membership
- Has current extensive knowledge and deep understanding of information technology and cybersecurity.
- Able to provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity or Information Technology from a regionally accredited institution.
- Holds professional certifications: Network+, CCNA, CCNE, CISSP, MCSE.
- Experience teaching adult learners.
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices, and a record of excellence in teaching
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.