Crew Supervisor - Maintenance and Trade
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Maintenance/Trade Supervisor within the skilled trades’ services area. The supervisor job sites and project quality, ensuring completion of work within timelines and daily inspection of work areas. The schedule for this position is Tuesday through Friday from 12:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Oversee the start to finish remodeling of commercial office buildings.
- Create, modify and interpret blue prints and schematics.
- Provide costing evaluations for start to finish jobs, (carpet, drywall, electric, plumbing, paint, etc)
- Supervise and mentor general trades’ workers in areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and framing during remodel and construction projects.
- May be hands on with a variety of power tools in repairing, refurbishing, cleaning, installing work station cubicles, or repairing any structural element (walls, floors, windows) as needed.
- Ensures all equipment utilized is in good working condition; makes recommendations for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Ensures all crew members follow OSHA guidelines for performing daily work; ensures all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized daily by all crew members.
- Provides recommendations to management regarding operational improvements either in service delivery, substitutes for equipment or supplies which would improve both operational efficiency and operational expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education, or GED required.
- Journeyman level carpenter and/or 3-5 years of new construction or remodel framing (metal and wood framing).
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Understanding of HVAC ventilation and duct work.
- Understanding of building codes and remodeling costing.
- Understanding of general electrical, framing, drywall, plumbing and HVAC.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively with team members and facilities management.
- OSHA Certification(s) Preferred.
- Ability to cope effectively with changing priorities and urgent deadlines as dictated by management; ability to manage multiple activities in a professional manner.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings, holidays as necessary.
- Work frequently and repetitively involves standing, walking, bending, reaching (above and below the shoulders), holding, grasping, steering, kneeling, stooping, squatting and to maneuver in low or narrow spaces.
- Frequently involves lifting, carrying and moving light to medium weight materials and object sizes up to 50 pounds.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.