Coordinator of Strategic Accreditation Initiatives
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Coordinator of Strategic Accreditation Initiatives. This position will research and develop healthcare program requirements to include accreditation and state regulatory requirements, staff needs, equipment, and all necessary program resources. Collaborate with the university Accreditation and State Compliance department on accreditation and regulatory annual reports.
In order to provide support in the implementation of initiatives to ensure the fulfillment of strategic college objectives. Primary duties will include research and structured analysis (internal and external) of healthcare programs of interest to the college/university to inform business decisions; project manage all college accreditation/regulatory activities, draft accreditation/regulatory reports in collaboration with the Accreditation and State Compliance team, and draft healthcare program business plans.
- Participate in planning meetings to develop strategic plans and business cases for healthcare programs.
- Identify the necessary data to be collected. Effectively analyze the information to garner key insights and develop recommendations.
- Appropriately integrate internal data generated by finance, facility planning, marketing, operations, and other relevant departments, as appropriate.
- Develop polished, written business plans to support the strategic college goals, critically assessing the needs of each individual plan and providing content that is uniquely positioned to address the specific question and/or topic. Collaborate with operational teams to develop new program benefit analysis.
- Works collaboratively with Associate/Assistant Dean, Directors, and Program Faculty Leads on all new healthcare program development.
- Serves as project manager for new program development.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data from disparate sources (internal and external) to support the planning and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Visually represent data analysis and interpretation through Excel graphics, PowerPoint presentations, and maps (e.g. MapInfo, MapPoint, ArcGIS)
- Develop documentation (e.g. presentations, memos, business plans, etc.) to clearly and concisely communicate data analysis to parties internal and external to GCU
- Effectively use software programs (Access, Microsoft SQL) designed to extract, manipulate, compile, and organize internal and external information.
- Develop and apply knowledge of other databases, both internal and external to GCU
- Provides guidance t internal stakeholders regarding the impact of regulatory requirements on business objectives
- Keep manager apprised of progress and status of all projects
- Participates in college / university committees and professional activities that enhance the academic program, the college and the university.
- Master’s degree required (MS or MSN)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a healthcare profession (e.g. Nursing, Health Care Administration, Radiology, Occupational Therapy).
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant leadership/management experience preferred
- Active, current, unencumbered nursing or healthcare license
- Prior experience working with accreditation and/or regulatory bodies preferred.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.