Coordinator II - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Coordinator II for our College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The Coordinator II is responsible for the execution of operational and/or administrative processes to support the College’s programs and initiatives helping to ensure operational efficiency. This position uses independent judgment, critical thinking, and discretion in the application of duties and is allowed freedom to determine appropriate courses of action with oversight by the Director.
- Coordinates the dissemination of all college-wide communication including but not limited to distribution lists, mentor lists, regular communications (weekly blast, board report, blog reminders, semester launch, mid-term and final grade reminders, late and missing feedback report follow-up)
- Maintains the absentee report. Calculates and submits compensation adjustments.
- Locates class substitutes. Calculates and submits compensation adjustments.
- Coordinates content and updates college social media presence. Works with key faculty leads and student leaders on maintaining social handles and active daily posting on college social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Coordinates mentoring-faculty assignments and following up with faculty mentors to confirm the mentoring timeline is met. Escalates issues to college management for appropriate follow up action.
- Acts as Point of Contact (POC) for the College’s faculty about scheduling issues and absences and ensures notifications are posted.
- Coordinates the schedule for CHSS events and space in various campus buildings for college events. Coordinates all logistics and promotion for events and acts as onsite contact during event.
- Coordinates creation of promotional materials, such as posters and brochures, with the Marketing Department.
- Maintains the college calendar. Coordinates the CHSS calendar with other University colleges and departments. Coordinates CHSS meeting scheduling.
- Serves as first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders such as, event services, maintenance, and outreach coordination.
- Coordinates university-wide initiatives and projects, such as Student Success Patrol and First Year Experience.
- Responsible for assigned informational reports for college administration.
- Hires, supervises, trains and schedules student workers.
- Assists with accreditation and compliance tasks in assembling and gathering formal documents.
- Assists with the content development of training materials for instructional assistants, adjunct faculty, student volunteers, and student workers.
- Attends meetings and takes notes as necessary (Gen Ed Committee, PSEC, Faculty/Staff).
- Manages requests for purchases and ensures adherence to College and University budget guidelines; refers non compliant requests to the college Administration for resolution; enters purchase information into the University’s purchasing system and follows up with procurement staff as needed.
- Manages and reconciles credit card purchases. Submits, tracks and follows through on requests for reimbursement to Accounting when necessary.
- Coordinates Speech and Debate team travel and tracks expenses.
- May occasionally work weekends, evenings or holidays when necessary (Welcome Week, graduations, and Discover).
- Assists administration with various projects and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution AND three years’ work experience in an office environment with exposure to an academic environment or five years’ work experience in role which demonstrates handling of like job functions as described.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work effectively, collaboratively and respectfully with individuals of diverse cultures but must also be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and recognize the need for prioritization of responsibilities.
- Highly proficient in attention to detail and ability to maintain concentration in an environment of constant interruptions and distractions.
- Ability to identify issues or obstacles; ability to exercise sound and reasonable judgment in scope of authority to resolve problems.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and software databases.
- Ability to quickly learn software applications and ability to assist others with how to use software applications.
- Ability to cope effectively under stressful situations and/or time constraints and respond to pressure in an acceptable manner.
- Observes and subscribes to personal and company ethics and integrity.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.