Cook - Canyon Pizza Co.
Grand Canyon University promotes lifelong learning and supports this by providing a Tuition Benefit Program that offers employees the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and a graduate degree at a reduced rate! Grand Canyon University offers a similar plan to qualifying dependents.
In addition, Grand Canyon University offers an exceptional service-based paid time off (PTO) program starting at 20 days per year. In addition, we also observe 11½ paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Grand Canyon University is seeking full time Cooks to work at the new restaurant, Canyon Pizza Co.
- Prepare and cook all food items according to SOP to ensure consistent quality.
- Properly portion all items as dictated by SOP/Recipe guidelines.
- Follows appropriate procedure of food prep and cooking, size of portions and garnishing of food according to the food service standards set.
- Sets up workstation based on proper pars as established.
- Tests cooked foods through senses of tasting and smelling.
- Restock all items as needed throughout shift.
- Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishable items.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents/incidents following GCU/OSHA guidelines.
- Maintain sanitation standards according to SOP and FDA/OSHA requirements.
- Ensures foods are stored and checks refrigeration/storage visual temperature gauges for proper holding temperatures
- Completes daily opening and closing kitchen/food protocols ensuring all food handling/safety guidelines are followed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum one year experience; prefer 3 years’ experience in high volume/demand hospitality venue.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule which may include early morning, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed; rotating schedule will apply.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card at one’s own expense prior to beginning of employment.
- Must have work authorization documents for United States
- Must be able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests
- Ability to prepare and present food according to SOP/Recipe guidelines.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.