CONHCP - Standardized Patient - Level I
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at Grand Canyon University is currently seeking part time/as needed Standardized Patients. A Standardized Patient is a trained individual who can accurately and consistently portray the history, personality, physical findings, emotional structure and response pattern of an actual patient, family member, health care provider, or needed role at a particular point in time. A Standardized Patient must be able to provide individualized feedback on interpersonal and clinical skills to a GCU Faculty member.
Training will be provided based on what examinations are to occur. Standardized patients must pass the required patient competencies before being deployed as a standardized patient. Pay rate is $20 per hour.
This position also requires one to have a TB Tuberculosis clearance card. Candidates can get their TB tests at the GCU Wellness Clinic. Walk-ins are accepted, however, they would prefer everyone to make an appointment. The cost of the test is $12.00 and will need to be paid at time of visit. Once candidate has their results they need to provide it to Onboarding or Recruiting to upload.
Initial Tuberculosis testing must be a 2-step PPD (repeated PPD) or IGRA test (QuantiFERON®, T-Spot). If the first PPD is negative, a second skin test is required within 7 - 21 days. Subsequent tuberculosis testing is a one-step PPD repeated annually. The skin test reaction should be read between 48 and 72 hours after administration. A patient who does not return within 72 hours will need to be rescheduled for another skin test. A TB test is valid for one year. TB records must be current and on file. For positive skin tests the IGRA test (QuantiFERON®, T-Spot) will be accepted.
- Portray all aspects of the patient scenario, including history of current problem, affect/behavior and physical findings in a standardized, accurate, and reliable manner.
- Provide written and face-to-face verbal feedback to the supervising faculty member
- Accept ongoing feedback and incorporate that feedback into case simulation
- Respond to e-mails in a timely fashion
- Be on time and keep scheduled appointments
- Must be willing to agree to a flexible schedule of scheduled appointments, some may require evening appointments.
- Must be able to travel to scheduled facility reliably
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must pass a pre-health physical exam.
- Must have TB clearance card, or be willing and able to obtain and pass a TB test at the GCU Health Center upon accepting the position.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.