Commercial HVAC Technician
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Commercial HVAC Technician to work full-time. The Commercial HVAC technician is responsible for performing installs, repairs, and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: Position requires the skill/ability to work on chillers ranging from 160 ton through 500 ton systems, for example, the ability to make welds on the systems if needed, also the ability to use a navigator to go through the controls of the system to troubleshoot the electrical portions of our commercial system. air conditioning, electric motor, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, commercial furnaces, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, semi hermetic compressors, split systems, VAV systems, chilled water systems, air cooled and water-cooled systems, and package units.
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 4:00pm.
- Install, service, repair, maintain, operate and adjust for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and any other equipment including calibration of related instruments, gauges and controls.
- Analyze, plan, and perform preventive maintenance of HVAC systems
- Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill water, heating water systems
- Troubleshoot, repair and make modifications to HVAC systems
- Perform refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging
- Recommend and/or order necessary parts and supplies for installation, service, repair and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
- Review work with State Inspectors, as required, to ensure compliance with State regulations.
- Report, organize and maintain all necessary records of materials purchased/work performed to service, repair, maintain and operate all equipment, including applicable records/paperwork associated with EPA mandates and refrigerant transition/recovery.
- Minimum of five years’ experience at the journey level.
- Must have certificate of completion for refrigerant transition/recovery and be certified as universal. (EPA)
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have chiller training certifications: Carrier/York/Trane chiller experience 150 to 500-ton chillers
- Understands all types of HVAC systems and how each component within the system operates in conjunction with the other components and how that impacts the overall operations of the system as a whole.
- Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temp, humidity, cleanliness and distribution
- Knowledge of commercial mechanical and electrical systems.
- Able to read and understand Mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of refrigeration, able to pass all state and local testing requirements
- Must have the physical skills and endurance to move about campus and the buildings in order to fulfill daily maintenance tasks and activities.
- Ability to understand and follow safety requirements and precautions.
- Available for on-call and rotating schedule.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.