Commencement Event Coordinator
Grand Canyon University’s Event Services is seeking a full time Event Services Coordinator. Under the general direction of the Department Head, the Coordinator supports on-campus events by organizing and arranging the activities and details for assigned events to ensure a satisfactory and pleasant experience for the participants. This position has a strong focus on commencement logistics, along with other events on campus.
- Preplans for upcoming commencement events as necessary.
- Attends planning and organizing event meetings to obtain information, activities and details for specific commencement events.
- Provides excellent customer service for commencement graduates and families.
- Plans for and executes logistical arrangements and maintains communications with appropriate staff regarding progress including:
- Setting up the venue with displays, tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, photography/video, catering, special needs accommodations, etc.
- Ensuring an adequate inventory of needed supplies.
- Breaking or tearing down event displays and set ups.
- Monitors commencement event activities to ensure all requirements are met, visitors are satisfied and staff are performing appropriately.
- May assist with supervision of student workers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a discipline related to communications, marketing, promotions or similar program from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1 year experience in a similar or related capacity such as event planning, promotions, etc.
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Self-motivated with a service orientation.
- Results focused and detail oriented.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful but not required.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite software.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope and adapt to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and under frequently stressful conditions.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with work varying schedules including evenings, holidays and weekends, and a willingness to stay overnight on campus during certain events.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must pass a background check including fingerprinting.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.