Commencement Event Coordinator II
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Preplan for upcoming commencement events as necessary.
2. Email and phone communication
3. Attend planning and organizing event meetings to obtain information, activities and details for specific commencement events.
4. Provide excellent customer service for commencement graduates and families.
5. Cope and adapt to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and under frequently stressful conditions.
6. Diligently manage time and effectively meet deadlines.
7. Plan for and execute logistical arrangements and maintains communications with appropriate staff regarding progress including:
- Setting up the venue with displays, tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, photography/video, catering, special needs accommodations, etc.
- Ensuring an adequate inventory of needed supplies.
- Breaking or tearing down event displays and set ups.
- Monitor commencement event activities to ensure all requirements are met, visitors are satisfied, and staff are performing appropriately.
- Data entry and reporting as related to event registration.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Microsoft Office Suite
Assist with the supervision of student workers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a discipline related to communications, marketing, promotions or similar program from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1-year experience in a similar or related capacity such as event planning, promotions, etc
- 1 year experience as Commencement Event Coordinator I.
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Demonstrated ability of self-motivation, effective communication, planning, organizing,
- Must work varying schedules including evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Sitting: 3-6 hours a day
- Standing: 3-6 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Frequently
- Carrying: Frequently
- Pushing: Occasionally
- Bending: Frequently
- Squatting: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Occasionally
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Branches are primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature, equipment noise and dust.