Club Sports - Web Marketing Graduate Assistant
Grand Canyon University's Club Sports department is seeking Graduate Assistants to work on our Web Marketing team. Graduate Assistants will assist with the management of the Club Sports website and will work across teams and departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed.
- Assists with management of Grand Canyon University Club Sports website and works across teams and departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed.
- Develops relationships with club sports coaching staff and athletes to gain trust and have access to quality behind-the-scenes digital marketing content from the team.
- Helps create and schedule content for all club sports rosters, bios (players and coaches), team schedules, scores, news stories, and more.
- Assists in the execution of deployment of university-wide club sports campaigns and social media marketing strategies.
- Travels with team to provide visibility to team activities on and off campus.
- Stays alert to and recognizes trends in competitor club sports sites and media.
- Creating news stories, bios, player stories, etc. on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the updating, publishing, status reporting, and stability of web properties that support the client, ensuring high quality standards delivery that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations, and the end-users needs.
- Ensures defined brand strategy is consistently applied during development of web properties.
- Supports the campaigns’ creative and messaging are connecting with the appropriate target audience(s), to research competitors, and find new and innovative ways to elevate Club Sports, through web properties.
- Must be enrolled in GCU master’s program - Marketing, Sports Administration or Business degree programs.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0
- May up to work 29 hours per week - will require evenings and weekend hours.
- Knowledge of collegiate club sports a plus
- Knowledge of digital marketing content a plus
- Knowledge of planning and organizational practices to ensure smooth operations and to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working independently without direction or oversight.
- Meticulous with a keen attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Outstanding communications skills, including verbal and written with a good command of the English language.
- Good relationship management skills and ability to work cohesively in a team environment requiring good social and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of content management tools (i.e. especially WordPress) needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.