Club Sports Athletic Trainer
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking Club Sports Athletic Trainer. This role works under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer in evaluating physical conditions and treating club sports student athletes to maintain maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic competition.
- Primary responsibilities include prevention, assessment and treatment of athletic-related injuries sustained by club sport student-athletes
- Direct club sport student-athletes through medical treatment and rehabilitation activities
- Prepare club sport student-athletes for practice and competition
- Educate club sport student-athletes on sports safety protocols
- Educate club sports student-athletes on injury prevention and rehabilitation initiatives.
- Educate club sports student-athletes on proper hydration.
- Educate and conduct baseline concussion testing for designated club sport teams.
- Follows emergency plans for all venues and manages emergency situations in the event of acute injuries.
- Maintains complete medical records filing system for students to utilize in educational process, providing sufficient opportunity for appropriate student review and utilization of commonly used administrative records and forms (i.e. accident reports, treatment records, insurance forms, etc.) in accordance with HIPAA regulations
- Maintains records with regard to insurance submittal for athletically related injuries
- Acting as liaison between club sports student-athletes, club coaches, administration, parents, medical personnel and other support staff in matters of health and welfare of club sports student-athletes
- Coordinates medical referrals to outside medical specialists as needed
- Coordinating treatment for club sports student-athletes during travel times
- Recommends proper nutrition to promote health and wellness.
- Consults medical physician as required.
- Additional duties that may be assigned are coordinating and scheduling ortho, chiropractic, and physical therapy clinic, insurance, concussion, or EMR coordinator, and website management.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training
- 1+ years’ experience in working with athletes in university or high school environment; or combined academic education.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification (BOC) of Athletic Trainers
- Current Arizona Licensure required.
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certified
- Active NATA, RMATA, AZATA membership
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.