Clinical Practice Specialist
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Clinical Practice Specialist for our College of Education. This position assists in sustaining and enhancing candidate performance through supporting educator preparation and other clinical practice experiences. Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Practice and other university stakeholders to ensure successful clinical practice experiences that enable candidates to develop their knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions.
- Manages COE Clinical Practice inboxes (including, but not limited to investigating, answering, and assisting with questions and concerns from students, faculty, operations teams, and other stakeholders)
- Assists with practicum audits, data collection, stakeholder surveys, and other reporting needs for the department and college
- Assists with clinical practice curricular and/ or program modifications based on research and performance metrics
- Revises and updates manuals, procedures, and materials and disseminates to respective areas, websites, and students
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders for ongoing partnerships related to field experiences
- Will cross train to support other Clinical Practice Specialist roles alternative certifications, including the Arizona Teaching Intern Certificate program, Nevada ARL (Alternative Route to Licensure), and the AZ Student Teaching Intern certification
- Assisting with trainings and webinars for various stakeholders (counselors, faculty, etc.) on Clinical Practice processes and procedures in order to ensure high quality clinical practices
- Assists Clinical Practice Department and College of Education with other assigned projects and/or initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required - Master’s degree preferred
- 3 or more years’ experience in K - 12 education preferred
- Strong analytical skills including ability to think synthetically and analytically with the ability to communicate complicated information in a comprehensible manner.
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and administration
- Highly organized with ability to maintain accurate information and manage multiple priorities and projects; strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of database management and strong ability to query databases.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor at all times in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external contacts including representatives of regulatory agencies and members of the academic or business communities, with an ability to relate well to individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, multicultural and multiethnic educational environment with Faculty, staff and students.
- Must maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Highly knowledgeable of pedagogical techniques and methods.
- Good problem solving ability, judgment and sound decision making
- Proficient with computer software including MS Office Suite; familiarity with software databases is helpful.
- Leadership qualities including a student-orientation and a commitment and dedication to define and promote educational success.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.