Clinical Nursing Faculty - OB
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking an Immediate Full-Time Faculty member for OB in our Pre-Licensure BSN program. As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies, and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at the GCU Main Campus at 3300 West Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ. However, this position requires travel daily within the greater Metropolitan Phoenix area to directly observe student performance.
What you will do:
- Reinforce didactic content and teaches in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre-licensure Nursing
- Collaborate with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives
- Participate in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs
- Preserve lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings
- Remain current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Uphold the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Requires travel to student clinical sites to directly observe student performance
What you need:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) required
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in women and infant services nursing
- An active, current, and unencumbered Registered Nurse in the state of Arizona or a compact state
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g., membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications)
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
Free covered parking
Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#nursing #education #GCU #instructor #OB #teach