- Provide a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Responsible for janitorial duties in common areas such as: lobbies, elevators, lounges, study rooms, laundry rooms, and restrooms.
- Assess and report issues related to facilities.
- Repair or replace air filters, light bulbs, wall plates, light switch plates, doors and related hardware, window screens, dressers, trim and cove base, toilet stopper, toilet chain, sink pop ups and garbage disposals.
- Assist in projects involving the repair or replacement of floor coverings including tile, luxury vinyl planks, laminate, and carpeting.
- Patch, paint and/or finish various types of hard surfaces.
- Assess any damages to building, furnishings and/or rooms and identifies type of repair work needed.
- Respond to emergency needs and requests within designated time frames.
- Regularly completes work orders within Facilities Work Management System.
- Assist in maintaining Logs and Maintenance reports.
- Adhere to safety and security procedures and determines the appropriate action beyond guidelines and reports unsafe conditions to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in general maintenance, building maintenance, renovation or construction. Housing maintenance work experience is preferred.
- Ability to pass background investigations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.