Canyon 49 Barista
Descripción del trabajo
Grand Canyon University is seeking full time barista(s) to work at the brand new renovated GCU Hotel and Conference in Phoenix. The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining. Barista(s) are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all Company drink recipes and procedures.
- Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Restocks shelves when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the bar area and grinders, and ensures all trash is ready for disposal and pickup.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service/hospitality environment.
- Trained in First Aid, CPR & AED or able to complete training needed on own time within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, early mornings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa Food Handler’s Card at own expense prior to beginning employment.
- Must be fluent in English, ability to read and write
- Demonstrates ability to go above and beyond to meet guest expectations.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Ability to learn the structure and function of the property and its features.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Ability to follow all OSHA and food handling procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.