Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Campus Therapist. As a licensed therapist, the Campus Therapist provides counseling services of a remedial, preventive and development nature through direct and indirect (consultation) contacts with students, faculty or staff who are experiencing psychological, social or emotional distress. Practice areas include delivering high-quality evidence-based evaluation and treatment to a diverse population.
- Is available at any time during the day to address critical issues which may affect individuals, groups of individuals or students, faculty and staff campus wide.
- Provides assessment and short-term focused therapy for current enrolled students, faculty and/or staff as the need arises.
- Provides mandatory assessments (along with clinical recommendations) of at-risk students, within the context of the campus Behavioral Intervention Team.
- Provides assessment, referral and consultation.
- Provides outreach to the campus community.
- Serves as a consultant and resource person for faculty and staff regarding the mental health of individual students, faculty and/or staff and the factors affecting the adjustment and mental health of the population.
- Consults with and/or makes referrals to other professionals and outside agencies.
- Maintains accurate and complete case files in-line with legal and ethical guidelines of clinical practice.
- Maintains licensure in good standing with state governing body, including participation in ongoing clinical supervision if applicable.
- Attends appropriate local, regional and national meetings and conferences for professional development and to represent the University and Canyon Health and Wellness Center.
- Master’s degree in counseling, mental health, psychology, therapy or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Possesses current licensure (in good standing) as an LAC, LPC or LMFT.
- Clinical experience as a generalist; able to effectively treat many different mental health diagnoses is required.
- Experience working effectively with a wide range of people, including persons from diverse backgrounds is desirable.
- Experience working with young adults in a highly relational setting is desirable.
- Experience in a college or university counseling center is desirable.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.