Campus Safety Guard
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing university where dedicated Public Safety professionals make a positive impact on our campus every day? If that sounds exciting to you, we want to talk to you. Apply today!
Campus Safety Guards monitor access to our beautiful campus facilities, patrol the campus, respond to emergencies, document incidents, conduct investigations, enforce parking regulations and interact with campus communities. Typical responsibilities will include both guard assignments (e.g. security booth, front desk) and patrol assignments; but assignments may only involve one area based on business need.
This position must be able to work various shifts including; daytime, evening and night shifts.
What you will do:
- Guard Assignment: (Majority of shift assignments)
- Assigned to a specific campus/building stationery access point (some time may be spent on patrol or performing other stationary control desk duties) to ensure that all personnel entering the campus are properly identified to allow access.
- Patrol Assignment:
- Using a motorized vehicle (golf cart or car) or on foot or bicycle, patrols all areas of the campus, including classrooms and physical plant (buildings, offices, arena, storage, warehouse, parking lots) to observe and report suspicious activity and to ensure buildings are safe and secure free from hazards, e.g., broken windows or locks, broken water pipes, and writes citations for parking and moving violations. Enforces Student Code of Conduct as patrolling.
- Patrols and monitors assigned parking areas and/or parking garages to provide public security and assistance.
- Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff and faculty as necessary; provide other public assistance such as lockout services, jump-starts, and routine information.
- Conducts interviews and preliminary investigations concerning complaints, accidents, violations of student conduct code or calls for assistance to record information on thefts, physical violence and or other incidents; advises individuals on how to proceed; may cite individuals under Student Conduct Code. Requests assistance depending on the severity of the incident.
- Provides assistance for emergencies such as medical, bomb threats, and fires, gives emergency first aid, which may include CPR and use of an AED; determines if an ambulance or other medical assistance is needed.
- Models and supports a community-oriented approach to providing safety and security. Interacts with faculty, staff, students and community with positive demeanor and professional manner so as to build effective relationships between public safety and GCU community members.
What you need:
- High school diploma required.
- Associate’s Degree or College credits in Criminal Justice or related study, preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Certifications in CPR, First Aid and First Responder are preferred.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position and daily responsibilities. Must have physical stamina to chase on foot, apprehend, subdue and restrain.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
#gcu #highereducation #security #campussafety
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047992