Campus Recreation Facility Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is seeking a new Facility Coordinator. This position, under direct supervision, is responsible for assisting with the oversight of the daily operation of the Lopes Performance Center (LPC) and Canyon Activity Center (CAC).
- Provide assistance with planning and oversight for all LPC and CAC facility and operational needs, which may include housekeeping, maintenance, and coordination of event set-up requirements.
- Coordinate with other GCU departments to determine supplemental set-up requirements for events held in the LPC & CAC.
- Hire, train, and evaluate student workers.
- Coordinate custodial and maintenance needs to include facility repair and equipment purchase, repair and replacement.
- Communicate facility information effectively to facility users and campus community.
- Oversee daily use and administration of recreation center membership management software system.
- Maintain accurate participant and program data and compile customer usage reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution required.
- 2 or more years related work experience in the Campus Recreation or other closely related field is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be substituted upon hiring supervisor’s approval.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid is preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
- Proficient planning and organizational skills
- Ability to counsel, advise, coach, and mentor student workers.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with students/individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends depending on scheduled events.
- Ability to observe safety rules.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.