Campus Information Specialist
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Event Services department is currently seeking a full time Campus Information Specialist. The Antelope Reception Center Campus Information Specialist is to provide interested prospective students with information on GCU’s ground campus degree programs and GCU’s community through in-person contact. The Antelope Reception Center Campus Information Specialist works as part of a team to assist in encouraging qualified high school students to attend the traditional campus in Phoenix.
- Represent GCU professionally by providing group or individual presentations to prospective students, parents, and visitors to GCU.
- Provide excellent customer service in all interactions and demonstrate a clear application of GCU’s academic and community strengths to promote educational outcomes and build greater interest and enthusiasm for attending GCU.
- Remain current with GCU’s programs, campus developments, and trends amongst competitors with the ability to speak to general differentiators.
- Collaborate effectively with all GCU personnel in the enrollment process to provide internal and external stakeholders with the basis of a strong first impression.
- Ensure tour script properly reflects current campus and academic information, as well as general admissions branding.
- Work well in a team environment, which may often include communicating with other campus department’s and leadership.
- Demonstrate proficient use of university systems to execute multiple tasks and properly notate inquiry or student accounts.
- Assist with tour guide training and coaching where applicable.
- Support miscellaneous ARC and Information Center front desks and overall visitation operations as needed.
- Consistently create a positive experience for recruits and students.
- Consistently demonstrate enthusiasm and advocacy for GCU in all interactions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- May oversee daily activities of student workers assigned to ARC.
- Maintain professional appearance and interacts cooperatively with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, promotions or similar program from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience in a high volume, customer service environment.
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated/self-starter, service oriented, flexible, pro-active, quick to learn, work well individually and as a team, good work ethic.
- High level of proficiency with computer and computer applications (Microsoft Office suite).
- Ability to cope and adapt to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and under frequently stressful conditions.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to provide coverage from Monday through Friday (8 am - 8 pm) and available for being scheduled for 2 Saturdays a month 8:30 am - 3:00 pm.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.