Campus Event Coordinator
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What we are offering:
* The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus and online student population*
Grand Canyon University’s Event Services is seeking an Event Services Coordinator. Under the general direction of the Department Head, the Coordinator will support on-campus events by organizing and arranging the activities and details for assigned events to ensure a satisfactory and pleasant experience for the participants.
What you will do:
- Pre-plans for upcoming events as necessary.
- Attends planning and organizing event meetings to obtain information, activities and details for specific events.
- Plans for and executes all logistical arrangements and maintains communications with appropriate staff regarding progress including: ensures coordination of activities with other on-campus departments such as facilities, janitorial services and food services; sets up the venue with displays, tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, photography/video, catering and special needs accommodations; ensures an adequate inventory of needed supplies; requests and ensures adequate student worker staff is scheduled for all phases of the event and breaks or tears down event displays and set ups.
- Assists with scheduling student worker staff as needed.
- Monitors event activities to ensure all requirements are met, client is satisfied and clean-up/re-set is handled.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a discipline related to communications, hospitality, promotions or similar program from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1 year experience in a similar or related capacity including, event planning, promotions, youth camp, etc.
- Self-motivated with a service orientation.
- Good communications skills. Ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful but not required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite software.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope and adapt to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and under frequently stressful conditions.
- Good time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with work varying schedules including evenings, holidays and weekends, and a willingness to stay overnight on campus during certain events.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms at all our office locations
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046057