Campus Event Coordinator
- Pre-plans for upcoming events as necessary.
- Attends planning and organizing event meetings to obtain information, activities and details for specific events.
- Plans for and executes all logistical arrangements and maintains communications with appropriate staff regarding progress including: ensures coordination of activities with other on-campus departments such as facilities, janitorial services and food services; sets up the venue with displays, tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, photography/video, catering and special needs accommodations; ensures an adequate inventory of needed supplies; requests and ensures adequate student worker staff is scheduled for all phases of the event and breaks or tears down event displays and set ups.
- Assists with scheduling student worker staff as needed.
- Monitors event activities to ensure all requirements are met, client is satisfied and clean-up/re-set is handled.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a discipline related to communications, marketing, promotions or similar program from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1 year experience in a similar or related capacity including an overnight camp environment, youth camp, event planning, promotions, etc.
- May consider an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Self-motivated with a service orientation.
- Results focused and detail oriented.
- Good communications skills.
- Ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful but not required.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite software.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope and adapt to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and under frequently stressful conditions.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility with work varying schedules including evenings, holidays and weekends, and a willingness to stay overnight on campus during certain events.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.